Subject: Re: mesh timeout errors on 9500
To: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
From: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/24/2004 11:13:38
On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 14:27:10 -0400
Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net> wrote:

> But something else - does anyone here know of a SCSI card for PCI macs
> that's based on the SymBIOS 53c875 controller? I have one of these
> cards, it works with the esiop driver on macppc ( althoug I didn't
> really stress-test it ), all that's missing is a firmware image ( and
> a flash tool but that shouldn't be too problematic ) so OF could boot
> from it. I know Sun used them - would Apple's OF work with this kind
> of firmware? fcode is supposed to be forth and therefore
> CPU-independent, did anyone ever try to use a Sun PCI card in a Mac?
> Of course it wouldn't boot classic MacOS, but loading ofwboot is all I
> want it to do.

What words are already defined with the card?

dev (path to cards) .properties words

That'll list the properties of the card as well as what OF words are
present. It'll need to be a block device type and have "open" and "read"
words. Seek would help as well.

(my apologies if you already know the proper commands)

tim