Subject: Re: port-macppc/23287 ahc support
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
From: Michael Wolfson <michael@nosflow.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/16/2004 16:08:34
On Oct 16, 2004, at 3:54 PM, Christos Zoulas wrote:

> ALLOW_MEMIO is not defined in -current; the print statement change
> should
> have no effect.

Well, I suppose it'd be better if I worded it this way -- I'd like to
fix the regression of Adaptec 2940UW support on my PowerMacintosh 7300
between 1.6.2 and 2.0.  I don't know anything about kernel programming
and Tim Kelly has been sending me suggestions.  He suggested I update
the list to poke around for ideas.

Perhaps there's some difference in how sparc64 and macppc support
non-memory mapped I/O that changed between 1.6.2 and 2.0 somewhen
around mid 2003.

   -- MW