Subject: Re: usb kvm switches
To: Kendall Shaw <queshaw@pacbell.net>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/06/2004 07:58:42
--yNb1oOkm5a9FJOVX

On Mon, Oct 04, 2004 at 10:06:36AM -0700, Kendall Shaw wrote:
> While I struggle to get netbsd installed on my G4, I noticed that when I=
=20
> switched to another computer and back on my kvm switch there was a panic=
=20
> in netbsd.
>=20
> I remember that freebsd on x86 would loose the keyboard and mouse=20
> everytime I switched away with my kvm switch and back. Is this same=20
> problem in effect for netbsd?
>=20
> Does anyone use a usb kvm switch with the mac port of netbsd?

I see you had another install work.

I use a Belkin OmniView 4-port KVM with my Beige G3 every day. I do have=20
to boot using and ADB keyboard, but once NetBSD's up it uses the USB=20
keyboard from the hub (which really is a PS/2 keyboard :-)

Only issue is keyboard mapping - X or wscons assumes all they keyboards
are the same, when they aren't. Shows up as the | key not working. A=20
little xmodmap and all is well.

Take care,

Bill

--yNb1oOkm5a9FJOVX