Subject: Re: mac 6360 boot woes
To: Brian R. Gaeke <brg@dgate.ORG>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Timo_Sch=F6ler?= <timo.schoeler@macfinity.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/05/2004 23:35:48
>> Even with the standard cmd+opt+o+f the box just screams on by and
>> starts the BSD boot process.  I'm about to just find a nice cozy =
trash
>> can for the thing if I don't resolve this in a couple days.  hehehe  =
>> was just hoping to get myself a nice router out of this deal.
>
> I wonder whether Command-Option-P-R to zap the parameter RAM would=20
> help?
> Maybe it would clear the boot-auto setting. (I say this not having=20
> tried it
> myself.)
>
> -Brian

IIRC zapping the PRAM by Command-Option-P-R only deletes the upper 256=20=

bytes of the 512 bytes the PRAM consists of. you may try deleting it=20
via TechTool (e.g.), which has the ability to zap the complete 512=20
bytes (and make a backup of the existing entries, if you like).

but i am not sure whether these special OF settings are kept in PRAM --=20=

but it's surely worth a try...

--=20
mit vorz=FCglichster Hochachtung/best regards,

Timo Sch=F6ler
//macfinity -- finest IT services | Triftstrasse 39 | 13353 Berlin |=20
Germany
Fon ++49 30 25 20 30 20 | Fax ++49 30 25 20 30 19
PGP data http://www.macfinity.net/~tis/contact/PGPPKB_timo.schoeler.txt=