Subject: continued (from 04/04/07): wsconfig for keyboard on iBook
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: Rudi Ludwig <rudihl@gmx.de>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/22/2004 19:45:31
The wsconscfg error message was due to an unsupported feature
that disappeard after commenting the additional consoles out in
/etc/wscons.conf (thanks Krister)

The other error-message was a stupid mistake from myself.
Contrary to the command line there is no equal-sign
between "encoding" and the country-code in wscons.conf .

For the re-mapping of the keys that where not yet where they should
be, I played around with "xev".

The result is the attached .Xmodmap that I load now with a line in
.xinitrc "xmodmap ~./Xmodmap".
I mention this because the keycodes differ from what Anselm Garbe
postet here a while ago (04/01/20). This is probably due to the
different Xserver: Xmacppc vs XFree.

Unfortunately the mapping of the two keys to Pointer_Button 2 and 3
does not work as expacted yet. Maybe I can add another Input-Device
Mouse2 to XF86Config that remaps these to Botton 2 and 3.
Like a secound parallel Mouse that just consists of the two Buttons.
But I've not yet figured out wether this is a vaild way and how to do
it. Ideas welcome.

Another unsolved problem is the key "asciicircum degree" (second top
leftmost). It dublicates each action. Thus, when hitting the key once I
get a: key pressed, key released, key pressed ,key released  sequence
(monitored in xev). This is why I had to give the asciicircum another
place to live. The "degree"-key I do not mis that much.
The misterious thing is that the keycode = 135 is equal to the "fn" key
but while holding it down does not alter e.g. "Down" to "Next" like the
latter.

Rudi

--------------.Xmodmap ------------------
clear Mod1
keycode 115 = Alt_L
add Mod1 = Alt_L
keycode 53 = x X guillemotright
keycode 49 = less greater bar
keycode 51 = numbersign apostrophe asciicircum
keycode 64 = Mode_switch
keycode 107 = BackSpace
keycode 113 = Pointer_Button3
keycode 95 = Pointer_Button2