Subject: Re: newfs error (can't rewrite disk label)
To: Michael Wolfson <michael@nosflow.com>
From: Ronald van der Pol <Ronald.vanderPol@rvdp.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/19/2004 11:09:26
On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 07:44:51 -0700, Michael Wolfson wrote:

> On May 18, 2004, at 5:32 AM, Ronald van der Pol wrote:
>
> >Sorry, this is answered in the install manual after all. It can be
> >ignored. Sometimes it is hard to find the right section of the
> >install manual :-)
>
> Yeah.  I know.  Any suggestions?  I can't think of any better layout
> within the limits of the roff formatting language.  The only other
> alternative (which I'm not sure is better) is to break it up into
> separate install documents by machine type.  Problem is there'd be at
> least 8 (probably more) different versions.

No, I don't have suggestions at this point. It is quite complex stuff,
so there needs to be a lot of text. It contains all information I
needed to get NetBSD going. I read it, figured out the sections that
concerned me, made a plan, read some sections again, and went for it.
I had some problems *), but was able to find the answers in the document.
It's an extremely useful document.

	rvdp

*) couldn't run pdisk on a mounted disk
   sysinst could not find root partition (I did not newfs at pdisk time)
   newfs gave an error/warning
   no fstab