Subject: Re: newfs error (can't rewrite disk label)
To: Ronald van der Pol <Ronald.vanderPol@rvdp.org>
From: Michael Wolfson <michael@nosflow.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/18/2004 07:44:51
On May 18, 2004, at 5:32 AM, Ronald van der Pol wrote:

> Sorry, this is answered in the install manual after all. It can be
> ignored. Sometimes it is hard to find the right section of the
> install manual :-)

Yeah.  I know.  Any suggestions?  I can't think of any better layout
within the limits of the roff formatting language.  The only other
alternative (which I'm not sure is better) is to break it up into
separate install documents by machine type.  Problem is there'd be at
least 8 (probably more) different versions.

pre-G3 PowerBook
PCI PowerMac
OF 2 Performas/PowerMacs
ANS
Beige G3 (OF 2.4)
single-HD OF 3 macs (iMac, iBook, PowerBook, cube)
multi-HD OF 3 PowerMacs
clones
I'm not sure that's better, especially since there'd still be a lot of
annotation for specific machines (like the Xserve, quirks of particular
PowerBooks, etc ...)

   -- MW