Subject: NetBSD 1.6.2 on 7300 help
From: Mike Cooper <mcgd@bigpond.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/18/2004 16:18:03
Hi all,

I am in the process of installing NetBSd/Mac-PPC 1.6.2 on my Power Macintosh
7300/200.

I can boot from the CD (created by .iso) and install all the files, but the
install fails
at the very end after saying you should now be able to boot from HD, and not
setting UID or something.
The SCSI disk does not sync on halt either.

I cannot quite follow the syntax involved in booting and mounting etc. etc.

I can patch SystemDisk, and write the OpenFirmware. I can access the
CD/Floppy to start the installer.
I can even use Drive Setup to initialise the partitions (scsi-int/sd@2:0).
One small HFS and 900MB AUX/Root.

One thing I cannot do is boot to a kernel of my choice.

I am installing this onto it's own 1Gig SCSI disk (ID:2), so therefore
didn't think I needed to go through
the Drive Setup routine. Then again, I understand that OpenFirmware 1.0.5
doesn't recognise anything BUT HFS.

Any and all help very greatly appreciated.

Craig Cooper

mcgd@bigpond.com