Subject: Re: anyone with a working XF86Config for an iBook?
To: Matthieu Herrb <matthieu.herrb@laas.fr>
From: Ronald van der Pol <Ronald.vanderPol@rvdp.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/10/2004 14:18:57
On Wed, Apr 21, 2004 at 10:26:12 +0200, Ronald van der Pol wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 22:10:31 +0200, Matthieu Herrb wrote:
>
> > Try the attached patch, from Rock Linux.
>
> Thanks. This looks promising. Unfortunately, I don't have access to the
> iBook for one or two weeks. But I will try it as soon as I have the iBook
> again. I'll let you know the result by then.

The patch seems to work for me too. When I just start XFree86 I get the
usual X11 background without any disturbances. That looks OK. Thanks!

However, some application are still killing the server when I start them.
And when the server exits, the screen is totally locked up. The keyboard
also does not seem to work. I have been running completely diskless until
now. I will try to get NetBSD on my disk and see what happens then.

	rvdp