Subject: Re: getting a 9500/120 to boot?
To: Daniel Eggert <danieleggert@mac.com>
From: Riccardo <rollei@tiscalinet.it>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/05/2004 13:24:14
Hello,

> I've tried booting all kinds og 8500/8600/9500 off a CD. Worked like a
> charm.
>
> Did you try
>
> 0 > setenv real-base F00000
> 0 > setenv load-base 600000
> 0 > boot scsi-int/sd@3:,\ofwboot.xcf
>
> Where "3" is the ID of your SCSI CD-ROM. You might be able to check the
> ID of your CD-ROM by entering
Hello, I tried right now. 4beofre I tried to boot partition-zero)

What happens is still strange.
From the internal, orignal apple cdrom, it hangs.
From the external one, I get:
"bad partition number, using 0"
and then the usual DEFAULT CATCH.

The computer works flawlessy under macos and linux....

> 0 > dev scsi show-children
this shows my external cd-rom perfectly

looking for scsi-int recognizes two disksn but hangs on the internal
cdrom...

> Try also to look at
>         http://kelvin.macvaerk.dtu.dk/ans/install/installing_NetBSD.pdf
>
> It's a guide I made for the Apple Network Server. The OF and
> motherboard is almost the same, so you just have to use the same
> commands. I booted it using an external CD-ROM drive (i.e. the OF
> "scsi" instead of "scsi-int").
thanks, but basically it states the things you wrote in ths mail, since
the RAID card and so are not related to my 9500.

> > I tried booting with serial console or when switching to screen, no
> > difference (btw, the example sin the FAQ and install guide are Wrong).
>
> Serial console is the safe way to go.
that's what I am using