Subject: after upgrading from ZE to ZH OpenFirmware does not want to boot disk
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Felix Kronlage <fkr@pdx.hazardous.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/23/2004 15:47:29
--p4qYPpj5QlsIQJ0K

--zYM0uCDKw75PZbzx

Hi,

I have a 603e based macppc machine here, that ran netbsd-current just fine
(last kernel running was ZE) and with the usual OF hackery it always booted
fine. When I bumped the machine to ZH (userland and kernel cross-compiled on
i386) it stopped booting.=20
The issue is rather awkward (at least to me), since OF is refusing to boot
of the disk, the command 'boot scsi-int/sd@2:0' that always worked, gives
now:

0 > boot scsi-int/sd@2:0 can't LOAD from this device

The OF properties are all adjusted, so that it should boot. OF output
of printenv is attached to the mail.

Any about this one?
felix
--=20
gpg-fingerprint: 076E 1E87 3E05 1C7F B1A0  8A48 0D31 9BD3 D9AC 74D0=20
Felix Kronlage  | FKR-RIPE        | http://www.hazardous.org/fkr/
fkr@{grummel.net|opendarwin.org}  | http://opendarwin.org/~fkr/=20

--zYM0uCDKw75PZbzx

Open Firmware, 1.0.5
To continue booting the MacOS type:
BYE<return>
To continue booting from the default boot device type:
BOOT<return>
 ok
 0 > printenv=20

 little-endian?      false               false
 real-mode?          false               false
 auto-boot?          false               true
 diag-switch?        false               false
 fcode-debug?        false               false
 oem-banner?         false               false
 oem-logo?           false               false
 use-nvramrc?        true                false
 real-base           F00000              -1=20
 real-size           100000              100000=20
 virt-base           -1                  -1=20
 virt-size           100000              100000=20
 load-base           600000              4000=20
 pci-probe-list      -1                  -1=20
 screen-#columns     64                  64=20
 screen-#rows        28                  28=20
 selftest-#megs      0                   0=20
 boot-device         /AAPL,ROM           /AAPL,ROM
 boot-file                              =20
 diag-device         fd:diags            fd:diags
 diag-file                              =20
 input-device        ttya                ttya
 output-device       ttya                ttya
 oem-banner                             =20
 oem-logo                               =20
   z 2C + 8CC '& 8 + BRpatchyn then ;;l-method else $call-parent then ;
 boot-command        boot                boot
  ok

--zYM0uCDKw75PZbzx--

--p4qYPpj5QlsIQJ0K

--p4qYPpj5QlsIQJ0K--