Subject: Printer tty device
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Miller <tom@insolvencyhelp.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/14/2004 07:10:16
Hello,

From the NetBSD macppc FAQ:

	On-board RS-422 serial ports (modem port is ttya and
	printer port is ttyb).  On-board Serial support is very
	poor and may cause your system to hang.

On a Powermac 7300/200 running out-of-the-box GENERIC 1.6:

# ls /dev/tty* | wc
     169     169    2211
# ls /dev/ttya*
ls: No match.
# ls /dev/ttyb*
ls: No match.
# ls /dev/lpt*
ls: No match.

I have the printer output port on the back of the 7300/200 connected
via a standard Mac printer cable to the serial input port on the
back of a LaserWriter Select 360.

Do I need to make /dev/ttya and /dev/ttyb ?

Is there a man page to read or a command to run which tells the
function of each of those 169 /dev/tty devices?

Thanks!

Tom