Subject: Re: powerbook boot problems w/ -current
To: Lars Nordlund <lars.nordlund@hem.utfors.se>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/07/2004 15:10:44
--mYCpIKhGyMATD0i+

On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 08:54:12PM +0100, Lars Nordlund wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 07, 2003 at 05:29:04PM -0600, David Young wrote:
> > What should I try next?
>=20
> You might want to try to remove stuff from the kernel to make it
> smaller. That helped for me when I had the same ofwboot.xcf-related
> problem.

Uhm, no. He's not getting INTO ofwboot.xcf, so changing the kernel won't=20
help.

David, you need a new (after Dec 26) ofwboot.xcf. aymeric at netbsd dot
org noticed that the new gcc was emiting .rodata sections, which our ELF
-> xcf code wasn't handling correctly. He fixed it, so ofwboot.xcf should=
=20
be fine now.

Take care,

Bill