Subject: Re: Beige G3 only sees 128MB ram.. help?
To: Schwerzmann, Stephan <stephan.schwerzmann@schmid-telecom.ch>
From: Alex Zepeda <zipzippy@sonic.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/20/2003 02:50:49
On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 04:19:45PM +0100, Schwerzmann, Stephan wrote:

> REMARKS:
>   - contrary to what says the doc above, my beige desktop G3 is happy with
> more than 128 (384 I think - cannot check right now...)
>   - it's remarkable that there is no newer edition of the above doc, so to
> include newer models   :-(

Crucial confirmed my suspicions.  It was a chip density issue, both with
the PC and the Mac.. it was *not* a timing issue.

Supposedly the lastest BIOS update for the PC should solve this
(unfortunately for them I updated last released version when I bought the
board, so that won't fix it). Unfortunately they have yet to confirm that
the 66mhz sticks they sell as Mac compatible really are.

They've got absolutely lousy turn-around on their e-mail support, this is
probably the last time I'd even consider buying from Crucial.

- alex