Subject: Official way to compile STABLE kernel with gcc 3 ?
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: Joe Laffeyolor <joe@laffeycomputer.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/18/2003 12:35:49
Is there any kind of official, supported method for compiling the STABLE
kernel with gcc 3 (perhaps with gcc3 from pkgsrc)?

I have done it manually by installing gcc3 and setting up CC and whatnot
in /etc/mk.conf and adding an --rpath for the gcc3 stdlibc++, etc.

But I wondered if there was a cleaner way.

Thanks,

--
Joe Laffey              |  Want to convert subnet masks between different
LAFFEY Computer Imaging |  notations, or figure the number of IPs in a block?