Subject: Kernel for PowerBook G3 "Pismo"
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: Rich Simpson <rich@richcreations.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/12/2003 05:04:26
I was  trying to compile a kernel for my powerbook that has the
"options OFB_ENABLE_CACHE" enabled, hoever doing so makes the resulting
kernel (which compiles without errors) crash on boot, says it can not
find init.

I just copied the config for GENERIC and uncomented that one line. As a
test I compiled a kernel from GENERIC and that works fine, tho the
POWERMAC config does not at all (fails very early in boot) what is the
recomended way to get faster console text, as it is slower then my old
sparc classic I use as my mail server...

If I can give you further info that will help diagnose this problem,
let me know.

-Rich