Subject: -current instability
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Martin J. Laubach <mjl@netbsd.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/07/2003 16:33:39
  For quite some time now -- I only can approximate it with "at least
the 1.6Z* vintage kernels" -- I'm experiencing quite frequent lockups
on macppc. It always seems to happen when something memory-intensive
is going on (building world, doing stuff to a postgres database), and
perhaps the fact that this machine only has 256M is a contributing
factor.

  The exact same system works fine with an old 1.6D kernel I have
kept, as well as under OS-X (so it's not likely a hardware problem).

  I can't believe I'm the only one experiencing those lockups, really.
Am I?

	mjl