Subject: Re: pci parallel card in g3?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/13/2003 00:42:50
In article <r02000200-1028-5722985C154711D89B2F00039387ACB6@[10.0.1.1]>,
 <richard@uclinux.net> wrote:
>Evening...
>

>Now I got a PCI lpt card and it is recognized by the puc driver:
>
>    puc0 at pci0 dev 15 function 0: NetMos NM9805 1284 Printer port (lpt)
>    lpt at puc0 port 0 not configured
>

>So how do I enable the lpt driver for it?
>

>Including:
>
>    lpt*    at puc? port ?
>
>just results in:
>
>    A lpt cannot attach to a puc
>

>when I do a "config MYKERNEL"

You need something like:

GENERIC:puc*      at      pci? dev ? function ?           # PCI "universal" comm. cards
GENERIC:com*      at puc? port ?                  # 16x50s on "universal" comm boards
GENERIC:lpt*      at puc? port ?                  # || ports on "universal" comm boards
files.powerpc:attach      lpt at puc with lpt_puc
files.powerpc:file        dev/pci/lpt_puc.c               lpt_puc

If that works, please send a patch
christos