Subject: Re: OpenFirmware & XFree on a 7300
To: ML <ml@rz.uni-potsdam.de>
From: Andreas Drewke <andreas_dr@gmx.de>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/07/2003 18:14:46
Hallo,

It's just like I said it, with a recent (a few weeks old, I am not sure)
current NetBSD
I got that MMAP error...
I hacked/tried to hack a bit too the xfree86 but I came to no solution and
gave up since nobody stepped in too (I asked at the List for some help)

I really thing at the end, thats some problem in the NetBSD/MacPPC tree...

Anyway, no gfxcards works right now with XFree on my 7300 and so the
computer is quite unusuable...
But I'll wait until this will be fixed and try again (I do frequently), if I
feel like it...

Regards
Andreas

PS:Just "sitting in front" of the Park SansSouci, the WORLD is so small :-)

> I have the same error with a voodoo3, had something similar with a IMS
> tt3d.
> The tt3d doesn't work because its driver needs the vesahw module which
> isn't built under NetBSD/ppc, the voodoo3 needs the vgahw module which is
> built but seems to expect the VGA registers at some other place than
> OpenFirmware would map them - and I'm not sure if OF maps them into memory
or
> whatever - the bad map thing comes from the code that tries to save the
VGA

--
www:drewke.net/icq:175089452