Subject: 2003 iBook: wrong keyboard
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: Edgar =?iso-8859-1?B?RnXf?= <Edgar.Fuss@bn2.maus.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/03/2003 23:14:34
I hope this is not in the FAQ, at least I didn't find it there.

I'm trying to boot an ``early 2003''-type iBook (900 MHz G3, 12.1", 40GB, Combo) from the 1.6.1 multi-1 CD.

It took some time to figure out that I had to give the boot file name both in capitals and with the 9660 version number, e.g. boot cd:,OFWBOOT.XCF;1.

After I worked out that, the usual boot blurb appeared, but I got stuck at the ``enter terminal type'' promt.

Finally, I noticed that even before the kernel's copyright mesage, it said ``Console keyboard type: USB'' (or something similar), which seems to explain the problems since the actual keyboard is ADB, I suppose. The probing blurb mentioned ``akbd0 at adb0 addr 2: mapped device (196)''.

Any switches to give the bootloader or kernel? I would't like to cross-compile a ppc kernel on one of my sparcs.