Subject: Re: 6500 of ide detection
To: Ryan Rotter <twentyonebeads@yahoo.co.uk>
From: Alex Zepeda <zipzippy@sonic.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/03/2003 00:13:32
On Sun, Nov 02, 2003 at 09:54:59PM -0500, Ryan Rotter wrote:

> That did it.  It was set to master, I changed it to single, and now OF
> sees it.  Seems odd though that NetBSD still saw it while I was
> installing dispite the wrong jumper settings.  Now the bootloader comes
> up and crashes.  I geuss that's some progress.  Thanks.

Um, if there's only device on the IDE bus it's (usually) going to be the master
device.  I've had similar problems with not being able to enumerate the devices on
the ide bus (I chalked it up to not setting the boot-device).  And I'm having
similar problems with recent loaders.  What version of NetBSD are you trying to
use?

- alex