Subject: Re: Recent macppc kernels hang under load
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Ian Fry <Ian.Fry@sophos.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/20/2003 09:45:47
On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 11:54:47PM -0700, Matt Thomas wrote:
> The changes to locore_subr.S I did today might fix that panic.
> Could you please try them?  (I also added another KASSERT() to
> trap.c as well).

That seems to fix that one, yes - I can't reproduce the problem now.
However, I can still lock the machine (I assume it's another panic) by
doing a 'make -j 12' kernel build in an Xterm. Unfortunately, I wasn't
running a DIAGNOSTIC/DEBUG enabled kernel at the time. I'll try to
reproduce that hang again tonight on the console, and not in X.

Ian.