Subject: Re: COMPAT_DARWIN package
To: Nate Hill <vugdeox@freeshell.org>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/29/2003 08:09:20
Nate Hill <vugdeox@freeshell.org> wrote:

> This sounds interesting. Darwin may eventually be the emulee of
> choice. Am I entirely wrong or does it seem that running the Darwin
> JVM (or any proprietary binary-only package) would be magnitudes
> easier than some "linux" binary package?

It depends what you call easy. Darwin userland is much less a mess than
Linux. On the other hand, COMPAT_DARWIN may look simple, but it also
require COMPAT_MACH and EXEC_MACHO, which are slightly more complicated
(just peek at sys/compat/mach ...)

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
Il y a 10 sortes de personnes dans le monde: ceux qui comprennent