Subject: more Pulsar/S900 woes
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: ML <ml@rz.uni-potsdam.de>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/27/2003 04:12:12
Hi,

so, the booting problem went away, I have no idea why - now the next big problem is to get away from the serial console. I have two graphics boards - A Matrox Millennium II and a IMS TwinTurbo 3d, both work correctly only in a PCI-slot controlled by bandit, maybe a driver issue under MacOS, who knows. The Problem: when using the IMS card I get a console, but the kernel panics before reaching init. On the Matrox board I get no console at all, instead the kernel says
ofb0 at pci0 dev 14 function 0: cannot map framebuffer

... and then some not yet too important problem:
ohci0 at pci1 dev 2 function 0: CMD Technology USB0673 (rev. 0x05)
pci_intr_map: no mapping for pin C
ohci0: couldn't map interrupt

The USB card works fine under MacOS, although it sits in a slot controlled by the PCI bridge and not bandit.

Tha machine has 224MB RAM, OF 1.0.5, I use kernel 1.6Z and 1.6ZC

thanks in advance
Michael