Subject: Re: please help booting 9600 MP
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Russell McManus <russell_mcmanus@yahoo.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/10/2003 23:45:24
I've just spent several hours monkeying with the scsi bus inside the
9600/200MP, to no avail.  I am pretty clueless when it comes to
figuring out whether I have connected 50 pin scsi chains correctly.

The weird thing is that I never had these sorts of problems when
mucking around with my powermac 7300.  I just dropped an IBM drive in,
and it booted NetBSD just fine.

I've even tried completely disconnecting the hard drive, to just see
whether I could get the CD drive to boot, and vice versa.  Still no
joy.  The next step is to go back to the original hard disk that has
macos installed on it, and see whether that works.  But first sleep.

I've checked that the scsi cable is fastened properly to the
motherboard; I've even tried plugging the scsi cable into both
motherboard ports, nothing works.

Any other ideas?

-russ