Subject: Success!
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Alex Zepeda <zipzippy@sonic.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/02/2003 21:19:07
After a few false starts.... the ever-so-catchy sounds of the white
stripes were heard blaring through both the internal speakers and the poor
abused yamaha speakers hooked up to the Biege G3.

It's not pretty, but it works.  Two problems stand out.

First, to play with the i2c bus ADB needs to be initialized.  This is a
problem because the awacs driver attaches itself before the adb driver.
So for now I stuck the SGS initialization code in the awacs open function.
It would be nice to reorder the device probes.  Is this possible somehow?

The next problem is of course the random hangs.  I'm not sure if this is
an artifact of my changes, or something pre-existing.  A few well placed
'shut down this dma channel' commands taken from the OpenBSD driver helped
a little.

- alex