Subject: Re: XF86Config for iMac (Slot-loading) running 1.6.1?
To: None <lhp@toft-hp.dk, port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Wilyarti Howard <wilyarti.howard@bigpond.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/09/2003 21:09:09
Ok lets get this strait: What is in your /usr/X11R6/bin dir?
Do you have an Xmacppc binary? What are you using to start XFree86? Does
Xmacppc not work?

In my XFree86 setup I use startx which starts up Xmacppc.

I have no idea how else you will get it going. I have read the NetBSD
FAQ on XFree86, they say the "How to make an XFree86 Config file" is
'coming soon'....

I don't think you will get it working without Xmacppc...

Well this is my twisted understanding of the workings of it. I
understand how you feel about not getting X going.

Good Luck.

-wilyarti howard