Subject: XF86Config for iMac (Slot-loading) running 1.6.1?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Lasse_Hiller=F8e_Petersen?= <lhp@toft-hp.dk>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/08/2003 18:27:35
Help!

I have searched and searched, and found dozens of various XF86COnfig
files for iMacs and Macs running any possible Linux variant and even
some NetBSD. I have tried typing ModeLines and rebooting so many times,
my face is now a purplish shade of blue.

One message I found from port-macppc from last year was:

> *From:* Emiel Kollof /<coolvibe@hackerheaven.org>/
> *List:* port-macppc
> *Date:* 07/30/2002 07:20:28
>
>* Emiel Kollof (coolvibe@hackerheaven.org) wrote:
>
>[snip]
>
>> xf86MapVidMem: could not mmap screen [s=20000,a=a0000] (Invalid argument)
>>
>[snip]
>
>Solved the problem. My patch seemed to be correct and X is functioning
>perfectly. It seems I had some whack resolutions and modelines in my
>XF86Config file.

which seems to indicate that the problem I'm trying to solve has indeed
been solved. Emil, or anyone else who has XFree86 working on macppc
1.6.1, could you please send your XF86Config file my way? I'd be
eternally grateful!

-Lasse