Subject: Re: NetBSD install help on Powerbook G4 1Ghz 17"
To: Rene Salmon <rsalmon@tulane.edu>
From: None <ww@styx.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/07/2003 15:23:50
I kinda went down this road with a 15" model a while back.
The short answer is, you'll probably want to netboot and
install manually. But there are some subtleties with the
bootloader - I eventually got the linux yaboot to install
the bootloader, and then it booted without too many troubles.
No X though... And I was never able to successfully build
a kernel that worked myself...

While I was doing it, I wrote down the recipe:

http://www.trick.ca/trickywiki/gnu_5flinux_5fnetbsd

Good luck,
-w