Subject: Re: video card
To: Matt R <aaron_milwaukee@yahoo.com>
From: Michael <ml@rz.uni-potsdam.de>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/07/2003 13:45:27
Hello,

> Anyway, and suggestions for a simple video card,
> nothing fancy, 800x600 or maybe a little better would
> be fine?  I just don't want to use 640x480 on my 7500.
>  Of course, the thing needs to be OF compatable.
I got an 8MB IMS,tt3d very cheap, works as OF console in my Pulsar. Maybe the other IMS cards do too.
You can flash Matrox Millennium I and II cards to be Mac compatible but they don't support the OF console. So I have to switch around because BeOS/ppc has a driver for the Matrox cards but not the IMS and OF/NetBSD like the IMS better.

have fun
Michael