Subject: Re: Install on a Beige G3 / OF 2.4
To: Fabrice Delambre <fab@nerim.net>
From: Michael Wolfson <michael@nosflow.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/06/2003 17:25:47
At 7:50 AM +0200 6/6/03, Fabrice Delambre wrote:

:)No I really mean ",".
:)Be sure I double-checked the things I've posted. I typed it so many
:)times that week ... When i list my device tree (dev / ls), I get this
:)kind of entry : dev@n,p . I never get ":". Strange that on every
:)doc/mail I read, it's always ":".

Not that strange since that's the synatx on all the other Open Firmware
versions.  They use the comma to delimit the filename from the device.  The
OF 2.4 syntax is atypical, but that might explain why so many others have
failed to get NetBSD working.  That and the requirement to use '0 bootr'.

:)Yep, I tried every possible method before netbooting. All led to "CLAIM
:)FAILED".

OK.  I'll chop it down to netboot and `partition zero' being the only
supported boot devices for OF 2.4.

Thanks,

  -- MW