Subject: Re: Do any of the following models boot NetBSD?
To: None <michael@nosflow.com>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/31/2003 18:33:25
On Saturday, May 31, 2003, at 02:30  PM, Michael Wolfson wrote:

> And if so, what version of NetBSD?  The model support page has links to
> help determine what model you've got:
> http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/macppc/models.html
>
> PowerBook G4 (1 GHz/867 MHz)
> PowerBook G4 (12-inch)
> PowerBook G4 (17-inch)
>
> PowerMac G4 (Mirrored Drive Doors)
>
> Xserve (Slot Load)
> Xserve (Cluster Node)
>
> iMac (Flat Panel)
> iMac (17-inch 1GHz)
> eMac (ATIGraphics)
>
> iBook (FireWire) or iBook SE (FireWire)
> iBook (14.1 LCD)
> iBook (14.1 LCD 16VRAM)
> iBook (Opaque 16 VRAM)
> iBook (32 VRAM)
> iBook (14.1 LCD 32 VRAM)

     Version               B&W G3             eMac
12"PB (867 G4)
1.6                         boots OK           boots OK         boots
but no KBD
1.6I (9/28/02)       boots OK           boots OK         boots but no
KBD
1.6T (5/29/03)     default catch    default catch    decrementer
exception

The sources dates for 1.6I and 1.6T are shown.  It appears to me that
someone changed something in the ofwboot file that has things wedged.
I'm not sure what it might be though.

All these tests were run booting from CD using the command:
      "boot cd:,ofwboot.xcf netbsd.macppc"

-bob