Subject: Re: Long overdue Partitioning HOW-TO update
To: Jens Schmalzing <jens.schmalzing@physik.uni-muenchen.de>
From: Michael Wolfson <michael@nosflow.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/18/2003 00:51:21
At 9:35 AM +0200 5/18/03, Jens Schmalzing wrote:

:)Just two minor nits.  Regarding "7. Creating ...", Linux is capable of
:)creating MS-DOS filesystems of arbitrary size with the mkdosfs tool;

OK, fixed.  Too bad we don't have something like that.

:)And in "8. Mount your new ..." you may want to remove
:)the line saying "Linux needs more info here", or tell me what else you
:)would like to know.

D'oh.  I just forgot to clean it up.  Gone now.

:)Oh, and there was an announcement for an updated HFS+ driver on
:)linux-kernel a few days ago, available from
:)http://www.ardistech.com/hfsplus/.  It may be premature to include a
:)pointer, it kind of works for writing a few files but when I tried to
:)unpack a tarball it crashed and took the file system with it.

Yeah, I saw the link from the sourceforge site.  It seems sourceforge is
more official, and they plan to include the new HFS+ driver once it's more
stable.

Thanks again,
  -- MW