Subject: PowerMac 7600/132
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: MIke Carlson <domitianx@domitianx.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/26/2003 09:18:44
I am having a problem with 1.6 on  a PowerMac 7600/132. I did manage to get
it installed and configured but when I reboot I get the blinking floppy with
the question mark.

If I boot into OpenFirmware I have to run "setevn use-nvramrc? False" then
reset-all, it will usually reboot again a second after the chimes sound from
being misconfigured or something, then go back into OpenFirmware and run
"setenv use-nvramrc? True" and then reset-all. Then it may boot right into
NetBSD otherwise I have to repeat the above steps a few dozen times until
until it will boot from scsi-int/sd@0:a by itself.

Once it boots into NetBSD, its fine. I can get on the net and what not.

Is this a known problem? Is there a patch I am missing or a setenv command I
can run to keep this from happening?

This is my first foray into NetBSD, but I have been using FreeBSD on x86 for
years.

Any advice is appreciated!
-Mike