Subject: Re: screen brightness question
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
From: Christopher Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/25/2003 18:48:11
On Thu, 24 Apr 2003, Allen Briggs wrote:

> I know that some laptops (and others?) have screen brightness
> buttons on the keyboard that do work on NetBSD.  The current code
> talks to the power management controller to manage this.  I've
> hacked my tibook to support the brightness keys by calling into
> open firmware, and I'd like to make it less of a hack and commit
> it.  But I don't want to break the existing systems.
>
> So, anyone know which systems the current code does work on?

	Do you mean any powerbook with ADB control? Or specifically
machines that have a key code from the keyboard itself that isn't linked
to the pmu board by other means?

Brightness works on my wallstreet I.

abtn0 at adb0 addr 7: brightness/volume button

--
I'm trying to port NetBSD to my cup of tea, but it keeps kernel panicking
on refill. This is odd, because I ported it to my toaster and my bookcase

Any hints?

Jared Earle - http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-ports/2002/07/04/0000.html