Subject: Re: macppc boot CD query
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Ray Phillips <r.phillips@jkmrc.uq.edu.au>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/15/2003 17:31:46
>No, I think you've taken this out of context.  You also need to use
>the mkisofs parameters that are shown in the document.  One of them
>tells mkisofs to use the hfsmap.lst file for mapping files into the
>Mac OS Type and Creator codes.

Thanks Bob, I see now.

Next questions:

(1) Can these two files be created on a NeBSD/i386 machine?

/usr/src/distrib/cdrom/macppc_installboot/macppcboot.raw
/usr/src/distrib/macppc_installboot/macppc_installboot

If so, how?  If not, how can they be created on a Mac?

(By the way, can a macppc distribution be cross built on an i386 machine?)

(2) The Multiple Machine section in

http://www.au.netbsd.org/Documentation/bootcd.html

says "If you are making a bootable CD for an Open Firmware 3 macppc
model, make sure to include -hfs -part in the parameters for
mkisofs." in the "Create an i386 bootable image" part.  However, it
doesn't say if these two lines from the macppc section which modify
the iso file should be executed:

${cdrom_util}/macppc_installboot/macppc_installboot output.iso ${blknum} 756
dd if=/usr/mdec/ofwboot bs=64k count=1 conv=sync >> output.iso

Is it all right to do that or will it interfere with the sun and/or
alpha boot information in the iso file?

Ray