Subject: Re: Where's 1.6.1RC3?
To: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
From: Darrin B. Jewell <dbj@netbsd.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/04/2003 16:30:46
"Henry B. Hotz" <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov> writes:
> While I'm asking questions, does anyone know if the NeXT-ffs flavor
> support was pulled up to 1.6.1?  I don't see any way to make anything
> but NeXT-flavor CD's in OSX with the built-in tools, so it's really
> handy to have.
> --

No, support for APPLE_UFS was not pulled up to 1.6.1.  As a new
feature, it was not appropriate to risk disrupting the 1.6 branch
stability.  It was committed to the cvs trunk and so will eventually
be in a release.

However, due to unresolved DEV_BSIZE related issues on the filesystem,
you will not easily be able to mount NeXT-ffs cds even with this code.
I have played with these in the lab, but do not have plans to solve
this problem for NetBSD in the near future.

Even so, I expect that osX's tools can create iso9660 or iso9660/hfs
hybrid cds.  At the very least, you should be able to use mkisofs and
then disk copy to burn the resulting image.

Darrin