Subject: Re: XFree possible on a 7300 with added video card?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Russell McManus <russell_mcmanus@yahoo.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/03/2003 21:35:43
I have finally figured out how to boot my 7300 from a serial console
(whew).  So I dropped in the ATI rage 128 video card I bought, and
with the card in there the box won't even get to the OFW prompt :-(

It's possible that there is simply something wrong with the card (I
got it off Ebay).  It might be broken or it might be an X86 card.
I have no way to tell.

Anyway, for future googlers, here is one person that was not able to
get a powermac 7300 to play nice with an ATI Rage 128 pci video card.

Anyone want the card?

-russ