Subject: RE: boot from macppc
To: 'Soren S. Jorvang' <soren@wheel.dk>
From: Evertz NetBSD <evertz-netbsd@evertz.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/02/2003 21:33:38
Hey all, I've got a nice new PowerBook G4 15" here, and it's so close to
working it's driving me nuts.  I'm going to try one more thing and then give
up for today.

I was able to run Soren's netbsd-INSTALL using OpenBSD ofwboot, and got the
machine all nicely set up.  Only bothersome thing is I'm using "Apple UFS"
partitions because the new drive setup doesn't seem to know what a/ux is.
By the way, a little hint, ofwboot will crash if you use a gzip'ed kernel.

Trouble is, the actual runtime kernel, netbsd, hangs after the line:

awacs0 at obio0 offset 0x10000: irq 30,1,2

Does anyone have any suggestions?  I'm not adverse to compiling a kernel
myself, I just need a cvs tag and config file to start from.

Gregory

1.6O/ (X11)

--
Soren