Subject: Re: Disconnecting: Corrupted MAC on input.
To: Daniel Lamblin <daniell@trillian.beachbash.net>
From: Sean Davis <dive@endersgame.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/02/2003 15:55:25
On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 04:15:19PM -0500, Daniel Lamblin wrote:
> Okay, so put this message:
>   Disconnecting: Corrupted MAC on input.
> allong with this message:
>   Disconnecting: Bad packet length 1448348901.
>
> into the "happens a lot to daniel's PM8500" category.
>
> Just a thought, could this have something to do with the box being DMZed
> behind a linksys router.

It could. I have a friend who has had tons of problems due to his linksys
router (mainly uploads being corrupted,) and I've read on the newsgroups for
my ISP that a lot of people have the same problems with linksys routers.
I've seen it said that updating the firmware fixes it, but the
aforementioned friend updated his firmware numerous times, with no
difference. Linksys routers are cheap, and it seems that you get what you
pay for.

--
/~\ The ASCII
/ \ Email!