Subject: Re: mc0: underflow
To: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
From: Daniel Lamblin <daniell@trillian.beachbash.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/13/2003 01:55:32
On Wed, 12 Feb 2003, Ben Harris wrote:

> In article <Pine.LNX.4.44.0302102204540.1771-100000@trillian.beachbash.net> you write:
> >This is the built in ethernet interface on an 8500.
>
> Yes.  <http://www.NetBSD.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=12088>
> includes a couple of fixes.

Okay cool, I'll have to try those fixes then. (though they're older than
1.6 arn't they?)
With mc0: underflow it just kindof leaves the ssh session hanging.

Thanks, I'll try to remember to query for a bug before posting.
This next thing wasn't apparently in there though:

Oddly, I'm also now getting a different kind of network error:
daniell@tnt:~$ talk daniell
talk is aliased to ytalk (multi-user talk) ...
Received disconnect from 64.81.199.16: 2: Corrupted MAC on input.
[DL-hyperbolic:~] daniell%

The machine's mc0 doesn't go down during this though, and there's no
mention of the event in the messages log.
This kind of rude disconnect happens randomly.  I'm supposing it has
something to do with the machine being a certain MAC at 192.168.x.y
inside the network handled by a netgear router that's doing DMZ for that
ip to the above IP with a different MAC.  hm if that's the case I wonder
if forcing the "WAN" port's MAC to be the same as the machine might help.
No, actually I doubt it would.

-Daniel