Subject: Re: Question about wskbd/wsmouse config in netbsd-macppc
To: Luke Mewburn <lukem@netbsd.org>
From: Monroe Williams <monroe@pobox.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/12/2003 01:50:55
on 2/11/03 11:36 PM, Luke Mewburn at lukem@netbsd.org wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 10:08:45PM -0800, Monroe Williams wrote:
> | The man page on wsmux(4) says that "all keyboard devices except the console"
> | should specify a mux.  Since it's pretty rare for a machine to have more
> | than one physical keyboard, this doesn't make much sense.
>
> Laptops with optional external keyboards, where you want both
> keyboards to continue to work?

I guess I didn't articulate this very well.  It seems like in this case, you
most likely want to use _both_ keyboards as "console" keyboards, so they
should be mux'ed together.  What would be a reason that you would want a
"console" and a "non-console" keyboard?

Come to think of it, what does the distinction even mean?

> (Your other point about the inconsistency in the use of mux in various
> platform config files is valid; they should all support it assuming
> they've got the device in their device table.  A while ago I looked at
> fixing this but didn't finish the work.)

-- monroe
Monroe Williams                                         monroe@pobox.com