Subject: Partitioning disk
To: NetBSD/macppc list <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Nesbit <alnesbit@discus.anu.edu.au>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/27/2003 01:43:20
Hi, I have TiBook, onto which I'm trying to install NetBSD/macppc. To
partition the hard disk, I booted using the Mac OS X install CD and then
ran "Drive Setup" (not sure of the exact name). The installation
instructions say to select A/UX-type partitions for the NetBSD partitions,
but Drive Setup didn't give me that option. So, I selected what I thought
was the closest-matching option, UFS.

Unfortunately, these partitions show up as "unknown" (os opposed to
4.2BSD) when running disklabel, and newfs refuses to put a filesystem on
them.

My question is this: what Mac OS X tool is appropriate for creating the
partitions?

Andrew.