Subject: 6500 Boot help
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Stranks <andy.stranks@dsl.pipex.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/22/2003 22:55:58
Help!

Yet another guy with a macppc boot problem.

So this is what I have and where I am....

Mac 6500 - Openfirmware 2.0.4 - Upgraded to 15Gb IDE drive - Standard=20
everything else
NetBSD installed after booting from boot.fs created floppy and sets downl=
oaded=20
using FTP.
Majority (13 odd Gb) allocated to / as partition 'a', 384Mb swap as 'b', =
rest=20
as /home as 'g'
No MacOS anywhere - 8.6 on the drive replaced.

Installer worked very well, better than NetBSD-sparc. Now that the instal=
l is=20
finished however I can't get NetBSD to boot. I've RTFMed but perhaps I ca=
n't=20
see the wood from the trees. Can someone point out the correct boot state=
ment=20
or boot-device / boot-file variables to use. I have the load-base & real-=
base=20
set & the patch (cpoke x3) set so everything should be set.

Many thanks in advance.

Andy