Subject: NetBSD on iBook (Dec 2002, NewWorld)
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Carlos A. Paramio <carlosparamio@ono.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/22/2003 15:46:45
--AhhlLboLdkugWU4S

I've purchased an iBook (newworld) on Dec 2002. I would like to
test other *BSDs on it, because MacOS X performance is a little
slow. If anybody has tested it with NetBSD... Could you answer me
to these questions?

1. How about hardware support? I mean... all ibook devices works
   well with NetBSD? Which of them doesn't work? And how about
   power management (sleep, snooze, etc)?

2. Is NetBSD ready for the desktop on this machines class? For
   example... KDE 3.x and/or Gnome 2.x works well?

3. What about performance in an iBook (G3) + NetBSD combination?

Thanks in advance,
--=20
Carlos A. Paramio
carlosparamio@ono.com