Subject: Re: installation on mac ppc 7600/132
To: None <compi-killer@gmx.de>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/12/2003 15:37:24
On Sun, Jan 12, 2003 at 02:17:13PM +0100, compi-killer@gmx.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't know very much about UNIX (Microsoft steals intelligence) and even
> less about Apple systems.
> When I tried to install NetBSD on a 7600/132, running MaOs 8.0,  I got
> following problems:
>
> 1.: "Boot into firmware" -> is that like the BIOS on IBM compatible

it's the same function, but more intelligent :)
You have a command line interface, and have a small programming language.

> and how
> do I access it?

It's in the INSTALL.* document
At power on hold COMMAND-OPTION-O-F keys

> 2.: machine does not boot from CD, even if I choose CD as volume for next
> boot.

Yes, you have to enter the commands from openfirmware to boot from CD

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>