Subject: Phoenix-0.5 NetBSD 1.6 precompiled binary package
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Miller <thomas.miller@lycos.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/18/2002 20:44:14
Hi,

I have compiled the new Phoenix-0.5 browser for NetBSD 1.6 macppc and made a precompiled binary package.  This version runs natively on NetBSD 1.6 macppc.  This is not yet available directly from NetBSD in precompiled binary form. If anyone wants my precompiled package, please let me know, off list, because I am not subscribed.

More information about Phoenix:

http://mozilla.org/projects/phoenix/

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/12/08/1342812&mode=thread&tid=154

Source: 30.3 MB

Precompiled binary package: 14.9 MB

Compile time: ~12 hours on Powermac 7300/200

Phoenix seems to run just fine on my Powermac 7300/200 with NetBSD 1.6, but I have not used it extensively. Phoenix 0.5 also seems to run just fine on my IBM z50, which is running NetBSD-current hpcmips.

HTH,

Tom

Any following text may include a message which was added by Lycos and which is not a communication from me.