Subject: Re: Beige G3 - Unable to boot install
To: Ben Jansen <netbsd@kristamin.com>
From: Bryan Vyhmeister <bsd@hub3.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/15/2002 00:41:17
You can download the iso from:

http://www.macbits.com/macppc.iso

I don't know if it will work for you or not. I would try setting your
Open Firmware boot-device to the CD-ROM path and then just issuing boot.

On my beige rev. 1 G3 I had to set boot-device to ide0/disk@0:0 and it
started but wasn't able to complete booting. You may have better luck.
I was able to boot from the floppy though so you might try making the
boot1.fs and boot2.fs floppies from the iso listed above with dd and
trying that. Apparently you need both floppies because the boot files
are split between the two floppies. I put in the boot1.fs floppy and
started the boot and then it asked for the boot2.fs floppy. I am aware
that the beige rev. 2 G3 isn't supposed to be able to boot from the
floppy but you ought to try it with these new files.

Bryan