Subject: Re: 300MHz beige G3 questions
To: port-macppc <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Ball <andy.ball@earthlink.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/06/2002 18:55:08
Hello Henry,

   HBH> Almost certainly single-ended.  At a guess I'd say 10
      > MHz (20 MB/s if wide).  You may get better deals
      > buying ATA disks, but I can't address the interface
      > performance comparisons.

That's okay, we'll leave that can of worms unopened ;-)

   HBH> Go look at the i386 port.  If you are willing to
      > configure kernels and test drivers you can probably
      > use anything that works for them, eventually.  There
      > may be some endianness issues to fix, but I'm sure
      > you can get any help you need on this list for that.

One of the reasons that NetBSD has been so useful to me has
been the support I get from the mailing lists.  Testing some
drivers is the least I can do to give a little back.  I may
not have prolonged access to the card though (unless we
order a matching pair).

- Andy Ball