Subject: Re: New PowerBooks doesn't boot?
To: Joel Wilsson <joelw@unix.se>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/03/2002 00:44:36
On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 02:56:23PM +0100, Joel Wilsson wrote:
> I get the problem Neil Booth wrote about in
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-macppc/2002/12/01/0001.html
>
> This is on a 1 GHz PowerBook w/ 1 GB RAM, booting the NetBSD/macppc 1.6
> ISO.
> Does anyone know how to fix this? If not, where should I start looking
> to fix it myself?

First of all, have you tried -current?  I seem to recall seeing
something like this, but don't recall where it came from.

I'm running on an 800MHz tibook (really running at 667).  I had to
install with a USB keyboard, though, and build my own kernel that
defaults to an ADB instead of USB if there is no clear indication
which it should be.  I posted a bit about it in the last couple of
months and haven't had time to go back and work on it any more.

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD development for Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SuperH, XScale, etc...